What does one do before quitting his/her full-time employment job? I believe that this is the circumstance faced by one when calling it a day on the full-time employment. I also encounter such circumstance at the present moment. I am in the position in which I can call it a day at any point of time in respect of my full-time employment.
I previously mentioned that I support a fan-owned fan which is currently facing relegation in English Football League One. I can focus my time on writing my opinion for the club management on the ways of improving the results on the pitch. I also have this blog in which I can devote my time in writing meaningful posts on this blog.
Based on the above situation, I have numerous projects (at least two existing projects at hand) to work after serving my notice on the current employer. There are many other benefits in which I enjoy without the full-time employment.
- I no longer have to wake up early for work. I can wake up at any point of time to my liking.
- I do not have to put in 15 hours of daily work in the current job.
- I can exercise daily in the morning. This will give me a healthy body in which I can channel my energies to other meaningful activities. Example of the activities are listed as above.
- I am 40 now and am in a better position to do the things which I want to do now rather than in my 50s or 60s.
- There might be no tomorrow if the inevitable occurs sooner rather than later.
- I read news of the potential air crash. The details are as follow:
The above goes to show that life is unpredictable. No one knows what the future beholds. Taking this into consideration, it will be worthwhile in making the appropriate decision to quit the rat race sooner than latter.
The benefits outweigh the cons. I should wait no longer in serving my notice.